Thursday 3 December 2009

Possible Character Design Research

According to the brief of this project, the main thing we should keep in mind is that "Its impossible to put a pastille in your mouth and not chew. The fruit juice gets your saliva glands going in your mouth and the sugar coating requires instant crunching upon." After reading this, the first thing that sprang into my mind was "...What exactly happens to the fruit pastilles inside your mouth?" Naturally they get eaten, but what if the reason they're so irresistible is because the pastilles come alive to make it that way? I have no idea where this idea will go yet, or even if it can be developed into a full idea, but for now I like the thought of giving the pastilles character. I'm thinking the sugar coating could be some sort of protective shell for a juice-type creature living inside... So for now I'm going to look at liquidy, gooey, blobby, and droplet shaped characters to see if I can generate any further ideas.










No comments:

Post a Comment