Thursday 25 March 2010

FeelGood Photos!

I finally found somewhere that sells Feel Good drinks! To celebrate, I bought a few bottles (one to try for myself, one for photographing, and one spare) and took some close up photos of the product itself to use as reference material. I tried to take the photos from the angles I've depicted in my storyboard so I can edit and use them in the animation later on rather than trying to create my own Feel Good bottle from scratch. I think this method will be much more effective at advertising the product since it will be recognisable as the real thing rather than just a simplified cartoony version I've made myself. The only trouble will be getting the photos to fit in with the flat, Flash graphics... I'll have to experiment with some of the filters in Photoshop to see what I can come up with.










It took a while, but eventually I discovered that the 'Cut Out' filter in Photoshop works really well as a way to flatten the photos into cartoony block colours without too much shading. I had to edit them manually afterwards to enhance the colours and clean the bottles up a bit, but other than that i think they've turned out quite well! They seem to fit better in with the style of animation I've chosen. For now I've only edited the two photos I think I'm most likely to need, but I'll go back and do more when/if necessary.



No comments:

Post a Comment