Thursday 25 March 2010

Juice Pouring



When it came to animating the juice bursting out the bottle, I had no idea where to start. I've never animated flowing water before and I found the task even more difficult than I first anticipated during my first attempt, so I tried recording someone opening a bottle of fizzy drink to help me get a better idea. The video itself isn't the most helpful since I want my juice to be very over-exaggerated when it bursts/pours out the bottle, and I've planned to draw the scene from an angle which showers the 'camera' in juice, something that I can't really replicate in real life. It was useful, however, for the smaller trickle of juice that pours out after the intiial outburst which you can see at the end.



My first attempt went horrible wrong. The 'juice' looks more like goo or jelly because of the gloopy curved edges and I think it flows too slowly...



My second attempt went much better, looking more like actual liquid now rather than gloop. My onlu problem was that it didn't seem exaggerated enough at the initial burst, especially not from the starting perspective...



My final version turned out much better than I expected it to; I adjusted the initial juice burst and added smaller droplets/spray at the start since liquid never pours out perfects when its container is suddenly turned upside down from a great height. I also added semi-transparent light reflections on the juice to show how high in the sky/close to the sun the bottle is at that point. I think the highlights also help enhance the flowing/pouring motion. I know its still not perfect, but for my first time at animating liquid of any kind I'm quite pleased with it, and I can always go back and add to it if I have time. For now I need to concentrate on my other scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment