Wednesday 20 January 2010

Ready Set Chew!


The fonts for these scenes (and all the others) where chosen by our advertising partner, who was going for a comic book style font to appeal to children. We coloured the words 'Ready Steady Chew' red, yellow, and green to represent traffic lights or the starting lights of a race. Initially I tried having the words horizontal as normal, but there wasn't a lot of room next to the boys and I didn't want the text to overlap the image... In order to fit the words in they had to be kept quite small, which I felt lessened the impact of the commands, so next I tried having the words vertical, reading downwards. This allowed me to make them a lot bigger and they didn't look so cramped, so I decided to keep them that way. I also tried using a bevel on the words to see if they'd look good standing out more, but I thought they stood out in the wrong way... Since all the colours of the advert are flat, it seems strange to have the words with light and shadow, so I decided against it in the end. The words are shape tweened to make them fly into the screen, again to make the commands seem more sudden.





Horizontal tests.



Vertical tests.







No comments:

Post a Comment