Tuesday 16 February 2010

Feel Good Research 2

Some more examples of the work produced by students for the previous Feel Good competition briefs, this time looking at the graphics side rather than just animation.









One idea I particularly liked was releasing balloons with colours matching the fruits used in Feel Good drinks into the sky. As you can see below, some people actually made fruity tags and wrote feelgood messages on both those and the balloons themselves before letting them fly away, so through the balloons they are quite literally spreading the feelgoodness. Personally I think its an absolutely lovely idea; the sight of balloons floating through the sky invokes such a feeling of freedom and childish joy, almost making you want to chase them down and try catching one yourself. I can only imagine how awesome it would be to randomly find a balloon stuck in a tree one day with a feelgood message attached, especially if I was feeling rather down that day. Its like being given an unexpected gift!









This idea lead me to think of a similar instance in a game series called Animal Crossing, were occassionally random balloons bearing presants would float over head. Naturally your first thought is what on earth could the present be, so your intitial reaction is to chase. Depending on the game you either had to hope the present got stuck in a tree so you could shake it down, or fire at the balloon with a sling shot to pop it and make the present fall; and the excitement and anticipation you feel when attempting to obtain the present before the balloon flies away is childish beyond belief! I thought it might be nice to center my animation around this idea of speading joy through balloons, perhaps with the logo character having to chase a present in a similar way the player does in these games, and the trials he has to go through to get it in the end... But after giving it more thought, I've decided it'll probably be too similar to what's already been done and I don't want to look like I've copied a previous idea, as lovely as it is. I think it'll be better to develop my other ideas involving gameplay mechanics to come up with my own way of spreadng the feelgoodness.



No comments:

Post a Comment