Wednesday 18 November 2009

Standing Up Test



Here's the next part of the my animation, with the cat pushing himself up and looking behind him for whatever tripped him up. I wanted him to push himself up a little slower at first to show he's still recovering from the fall, then stand and turn around quite quickly once the confusion takes over. I acted this movement out myself several times while animating to get a good feel for how the weight should be distributed and how his body should arc as he pushed himself up. I also asked a friend to photograph me acting this out so I could use the photos as references.

Again, I had to adapt the poses for my cat's small, squishy body, so I tried to add subtle squash and stretch to the paws and feet. I'm really pleased with how this turned out; I didn't expect to get it right first time but the timing seems to work well, so I don't think I need to change anything at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment