Wednesday 18 November 2009

Trip/Fall Test 1



The next stage of the sequence is the trip and fall, which I've started from the eighth frame of the run cycle. I was worried that the jump from the clicked point in the run cycle to the start of the trip would be too obvious, but since the the four drawing formula is so fast, I'm hoping that no one will be able to notice. The trip was fairly easy, but I had to plan the tumble out a lot before attempting to draw it. I found this rather long-winded tumble tutorial on YouTube which I used as a reference to get a good idea of how controlled tumbles work. It takes her about two minutes to actually get round to tumbling, but once she does she repeats the movements slowly a few times, which I found very helpful. I made sure to tuck my cat's chin into its chest to make the roll smoother.



After watching how she finishes the tumble with her feet on the ground before standing, I realised that I'd need the feet to catch on the floor again to make my character come out of the roll and hit the floor, which I added in. I also made sure to over-exaggerate the body's follow-through motion to make it come up and start to flop over the head before crashing down. The tail's follow through is naturally exaggerated even more and is slower, since its much lighter than the rest of the body. However I think I need to add more frames into the roll, as at the moment its much to fast and doesn't feel like it has enough weight. Likewise, the body flips up and falls to the ground too quickly once it comes out of the roll, so I intend to go back and add some more frames there as well. I also think another frame or two is needed at the trip in order to properly anticipate the fall... And I don't like how the eyebrow changes expression at the end... it looks like its floating around the face rather than actually being a fixed eyebrow. I'll make sure to amend that when I go back to add more frames.

No comments:

Post a Comment