Thursday 25 March 2010

Dancing in the FeelGoodness

For the second to last scene when the people below are showed in Feel Good Juice and rejoice, I wanted to have at least one of the characters doing some kind of dance or twirl in the juice to imitate my favourite photograph from the Feel Good Drinks blog. After all, what better way to show you're feeling good than to dance? Naturally for this I had to get the video camera out again, since I had no idea where to start with making a spin look convncing.







I'll admit, these references where fun to act out... Also brilliantly helpful for getting the basic poses and spine curves inbedded in my mind. While my attempts at twirls were far from the best, from them I was able to exaggerate the poses much further.



Here's the test I did for the twirling character. She was difficult to get right, especially her speed... I tried to add perspective to her hands so they appeared larger when the front hand passed by/was reaching out to the camera and smaller when the back hand was stretched away from the screen. All in all I like how it turned out and I think I managed to make it loop reasonably well. If I had more time I'd have liked to make her spin from foot to foot so her continuous twirling made more sense, but unfortuntely I'll have to leave this for now if I want to finish on time.



This is the final scene with another character waving his arms (hopefully happily?) in the air as he basks in the juicy goodness. As you can see from the storyboard, I originally intended to have three characters doing something in this scene, but the dancer took far longer to animate than I first thought, as did the juice droplets raining down from the sky. Hopefully it doesn't look too empy with just two...

No comments:

Post a Comment