Thursday 25 March 2010

Obtaining the Bottle

Since I planned for the scene where the guy raises the bottle over his head in triumph to be reminiscent of a video game, I realised I could push the push the mockery much further and have more fun with it than just simply having the bottle hover over his head in a 'new item obtained' kind of way. I thought it would be a lot more amusing if the character threw the bottle up into the air in excitement, only to get carried away and throw it too far, so it falls behind him and rolls away. For this I needed video footage of how hands looks when thrusting directly into the camera, as I can't picture such an extreme perspective accurately enough in my head to make it work alone. Below are the two references I used for animating this scene.





In the end I tried to exaggerate the perspective even more by starting with he camera zoomed right in on his hands clutching the bottle, then quickly zooming out as he throws his hands into the air. I really like how it turned out, as painful as it was to make it look right.

No comments:

Post a Comment