Wednesday 20 January 2010

Storyboard 1

Here's my storyboard for the chewing competition idea. Two boys each have a packet of sweets, one with Fruit Pastilles, one with regular boring sweets. The Fruit Pastilles boy's eyes roll like slot machines as he chews and his pupils turn into the fruit that matches the flavour he's chewing, making one block of his 'chew-o-meter' light up. Meanwhile the other boy is struggling to finish his first sweet. The Fruit Pastilles boy keeps chewing and filling up his chew-o-meter until it reaches the top and a trap door opens above him, showering him in Fruit Pastilles (his jackpot). I like this idea a lot better than my last one; its simpler, much more fun, and I think the competition aspect will appeal to both kids and adults since adults are often fond of game shows. The only problem is that some people think it'll be too difficult to tell the boys apart in the close-up shots since they look so much a like... but I really like the idea of quickly switching between the two to build tension for the big finish. Perhaps if I make them different enough colours it'll be easy to tell... I'll have to experiment.




No comments:

Post a Comment