Wednesday 20 January 2010

Two Boys And Their Sweets

For the boys I decided to make each of them as a separate symbol so I could reuse them in any scene without inconsistencies. It also helps keep all the frames for each of their body parts separate from the frames for the background and other things going on in the scene, which is much less confusing and ensures I don't accidentally delete something I shouldn't. I decided to make the Fruit Pastilles boy blonde with fair skin, green eyes, and green clothes to match the main colour scheme of the Fruit Pastilles packaging. It also means his colours are all completely natural, which links to Fruit Pastilles being made from all natural fruits and flavours. In contrast, the second boy has brown hair, slightly tanned skin, and blue eyes and clothes. Blue isn't a colour present in either the Fruit Pastilles themselves or their packaging since blue isn't a natural colour, so I'm hoping the 'competition' looks more artificial in comparison. Other than the colours and hair styles (natural hair compared to gelled spikes), I've intentionally made the boys identical in shape and size to show that even if other sweets are the same shape and size as Fruit Pastilles, they're not as good. The stark colour differences also help to differentiate the boys during close up shots, so I can now switch back and forth between the two again like I planned in my first storyboard.


Likewise I made the sweet packets as seperate symbols and colour coded them to match their boys. I chose the name 'Gooies' for the artificially flavoured sweets to make them sound unappatising... If something's too gooey it gets stuck behind your teeth and isn't nice to eat at all. For the Fruit Pastilles packet I copied the logo from a photo of the packaging and imported it into the Flash library, then simply resized it to fit and added it to the front of the tube. Since we're using photos of real Fruit Pastilles in the animation, I thought it was important to have the real logo on the packaging for the pack shot as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment